Social-ID NOW™ - Terms of Service
1 - Acceptance of Terms
By registering to use the Social-IDNOW website ("Site") and service ("Service") provided by Coffee Bean Technology ("The Company"), you are agreeing to abide by all the terms and conditions in, and linked to, these Terms of Service, including other posted policies, rules and guidelines, as the same may be revised or modified from time to time in our sole discretion, and which are incorporated herein by reference. You further acknowledge and agree that modifications to this agreement shall be effective as soon as they are posted on our web site (http://SocialIDNOW.com). If you object to any term or condition set forth in these Terms of Service, or other posted policies, rules and guidelines, or any revisions thereof, or if you are dissatisfied with our Service in any way, you agree that your only recourse is to immediately discontinue using the Service.
2 - Eligibility Registration
Registering on our web site (the 'Site') is free of charge. Use of the Service and access to the Site is intended for users who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older. By using the Service or accessing the Site, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age and that you agree to and shall abide by the all the terms set forth in these Terms of Service. In consideration of your use of the Site, you agree to provide (and update when appropriate) accurate, current and complete information as may be requested through our registration process, and maintain the security of your password and user identification. You further agree that you shall be fully responsible for all use of your account and for actions occurring through use of your account.
3- Prohibited Conduct and Content
When using our Service, you agree not to:
- Violate any laws, third party rights, these Terms of Service and any other policies, rules and guidelines posted on our Site;
- Use the Service if you are under the age of 21, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from use of the Service;
- 'Stalk' or otherwise harass anyone, or degrade, intimidate or act in a manner that is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Violate any federal, state or local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, family status, disability or other such characteristics;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or attempt to use another user's account;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary or contractual intellectual property right of another party;
- Post any form of advertising or solicitation in an area of our web site not designated for that purpose, or email such material to our users who have not indicated in writing that it is all right to contact them about other services, products or commercial interests;
- Use our web site to link to commercial services or web sites, except as explicitly allowed as part of our Service herein or as set forth in our posted policies, rules and guidelines;
- Advertise illegal services or items prohibited, restricted or regulated by applicable law;
- use the Service or Site in any unlawful manner or in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site (such as through bulk postings, flooding attacks or other means that impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, disrupt the normal flow of dialogue between our users and otherwise negatively affect our users' ability to use our Service);
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or the Site;
- Employ misleading email addresses, forged headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of your communications or Content transmitted through our Service;
- Take any action that may undermine user feedback or the integrity of our Service; or transfer your user account and ID number to another party without our express written consent.
4 - Limitations On Service
You acknowledge that Coffee Bean Technology may establish limits concerning use of the Service, and the frequency with which you may access the Service. You agree that Coffee Bean Technology has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted through use of the Service. You further acknowledge that Coffee Bean Technology reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and that Coffee Bean Technology shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
5- Termination of Service
You agree that without limiting other remedies, Coffee Bean Technology, in its sole discretion, may delete or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address, or otherwise limit, suspend or terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice remove and discard any hosted Content, for any reason, including, without limitation, if Coffee Bean Technology believes you have created problems for other users, possible legal liabilities, or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the terms of these Terms of Service. Further, you agree that Coffee Bean Technology may cancel any unconfirmed account and shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any termination of your access to the Service. You also agree not to attempt to use the Service after said termination.
6 - Disclaimer of Warranties
You acknowledge and agree that you will not hold Coffee Bean Technology responsible for other users' actions or inactions, including Content they post or actions they take through use of our Service, or for any third-party applications, software, or other Content posted on the Site or used in connection with the Service. You further agree that you bear all risks associated with your use of any Content, and that under no circumstances shall Coffee Bean Technology be liable for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Service.
The Site and the Service may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. The Company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User communications. The Company is not responsible for any technical malfunction or other problems of any telephone network or service, computer systems, servers or providers, computer or mobile phone equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to User's or to any other person's computer, mobile phone, or other hardware or software, related to or resulting from using or downloading materials in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will the Company be responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any user's Content or personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Site or the Service, any Content or third party applications, software posted on or through the Site or the Service or transmitted to users, or any interactions between users of the Site, whether online or offline.
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SOCIAL-IDNOW SITE AND THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" OR "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COFFEE BEAN TECHNOLOGY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOCIAL-IDNOW SITE AND THE SERVICE, AND ANY EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY YOU HAVE WITH RESPECT THERETO. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COFFEE BEAN TECHNOLOGY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THIRD PARTY CONTENT POSTED ON THE SITE, THE QUALITY OF SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE WEB SITE OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE, OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COFFEE BEAN TECHNOLOGY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR THE SERVICE.
7 - Limitations of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COFFEE BEAN TECHNOLOGY BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR PAIN AND SUFFERING OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, ANY VIOLATION OF YOUR PRIVACY RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF THIRD PARTY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR OUR SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE SITE, NONPAYMENT FOR ANY SERVICES RENDERED OR GOODS PROVIDED THROUGH OUR SERVICE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8 - Indemnity
You agree to indemnify and hold The Company, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, legal counsel, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your violation of these Terms of Service, your breach of any of the representations, warranties or obligations that pertain to you herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
9 - Dispute Resolution; Release
You agree that The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of your use of the Service or the Site. If there is a dispute between any of our users, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that Coffee Bean Technology is under no obligation to become involved, and you hereby release Coffee Bean Technology, its officers, directors, employees, agents, legal counsel and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to all such disputes and/or our Service.
If a dispute arises between you and Coffee Bean Technology, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, these Terms of Service shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Coffee Bean Technology must be resolved by a court located in Santa Clara County, California, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the arbitration paragraph below. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Santa Clara County, California for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
10 - General Information
These Terms of Service, as subsequently amended or modified and posted on the Site, constitutes the entire agreement between you and Coffee Bean Technology and governs your use of the Service and the Site, superseding any prior agreements between you and Coffee Bean Technology. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
Social-ID NOW™ Principles
1 - Our mission
Our mission implementing Social-ID is to be able to provide users, in the context of business tasks, with relevant social information publicly available about their contacts.
- We believe this mission brings value to our customers and to the contacts of our customers, as the information our system provides facilitates their authentic interaction.
- We do not expose personal information that is not relevant to business, even if it is possible to get that information from public records.
2 - We believe personal data belongs to the person the data is about
We believe personal data belongs to the person the data is about, not by the entities that collect it.
- We use all sources of public information at our disposal creatively to help our users get information that helps them to solve business problems
- Our reference is not the rules set by the source of information, but the rule that we don't expose information about a contact that we would not expose about ourselves
3 - We play by the rules.
- Aggregators of information have commercial interests and will try to control/restrict access to information they collected in order to profit from it. We stay within the technical restrictions they impose.
- Holders of personal information have the duty of protecting personal privacy and not expose information outside the circle intended by the contact. We will not attempt to circumvent those protections.
4 - We will not sell people's personal information
- Coffee Bean is in the business of providing tools that help people solve business problems. We are not in the data brokering or aggregation business. We will not collect personal data about people with the purpose of selling it to anyone for any purpose.
- While we cannot control how our customers use our technology, we will not intentionally develop tools intended to facilitate the aggregation of personal information for reasons not aligned with our mission